What is Reverse Hair Washing and Why You Should Try it: Everybody’s hair routine is totally different, which is according to their hair type, texture, and needs. One common thing among hair care routines is hair washing, which includes
Reverse hair washing is very suitable for different types of hair, as it acts on general traits of all hair instead of targetting a specific problem, thus contributing to the overall health of the hair.
What is Reverse Hair Washing?
Reverse Hair washing is simpler than it sounds. All you need to do is switch up your shampoo and conditioner order when washing. if you use a deep conditioner, apply this first then go ahead and use shampoo or low-poo to remove it. If you use conditioner only, then apply this first and then rinse it out.
However, making a simple change to your shampooing ritual can actually improve your hair care routine, which will make your hair look very fresh for longer. All you need is to condition your hair first, and then shampoo it which, and we know what the technique is called reverse hair washing
Reverse hair washing Benefits
This helps in cleansing the hair gently and then leaving it softer, but do not switch to reverse hair washing entirely, because it might not cleanse the hair as thoroughly as normal shampooing. It is advisable to use reverse hair washing at least once a week, for about a month, to notice some changes in your hair. Below is some benefits of reverse washing:
- It gives better nourishment without making the hair appear flat
- Helps treat hair fall problems
- Makes the hair more bouncy, shiny, and voluminous
- Lowers the amount of shampoo required
- Also, prevent hair frizziness
- Prevents scalp buildup and clogging of pores
- It also helps to avoid hair oiliness and greasiness
- Improves the texture of dull and flat hair
How to Do Go About
Reverse hair washing can simply be done by following the steps carefully:
- First, wet your hair very well
- Now apply the conditioner on the whole length of your hair thoroughly and leave it for about 5-8 minutes.
- Make sure to avoid applying the conditioner or hair mask to the scalp and roots to prevent greasiness
- Then rinse your hair gently with plain water. Avoid scrubbing your hair as you want the conditioner to stay as a coat on your hair for protection
- If you are the type that has a dry, rough end, you will need to apply a good amount of conditioner to the hair tips and splash some water over them rather than rinsing it completely
- Now take a bit amount of shampoo if it is part of your routine. And apply a conditioner before the final rinse or use a leave-in conditioner while your hair is still wet
- Now apply a serum to towel-dried hair and allow it to air-dry
Who Should Do It?
- Those who have thick or dry hair can use this process to improve their hair texture
- Also, those who try to avoid the use of conditioners but suffer from dry or frizzy ends can actually try reverse washing to improve their hair problems without resulting in oiliness
- Those with an oily scalp, as conditioners can sometimes contribute to the problem
- In addition, People with lifeless, thin, dull hair can use the process reverse, as it prevents the conditioner from weighing down the hair.
Conditioner for Reverse Hair Washing
You can make use of your regular hair conditioner for reverse washing and see significant good results. You can as well try changing or switching conditioners every once in a while and use products that are preferable to your current hair problems. Below are some conditioners you can get for yourself:
- Store-bought conditioners
These are the most common type of conditioner used for reverse hair washing, as some or rather most people already have them as a part of their normal hair washing routine. A store-bought conditioner allows you to actually incorporate washing without you needing to buy new products or increase your hair care budget. Those who already have healthy hair should stick to store-bought conditioners.
- Natural Oils as conditioners
It is advisable to apply natural oils to condition your hair before washing. Oiling your hair helps to moisturize and nourish the hair, as well as helps to relax
- Herbal Treatment and homemade hair masks
This is another healthier alternative to store-bought hair conditioner which is made of homemade hair masks or herbal oils.
No comment yet, add your voice below!