Garlic Oil: Who does not love the flavor of garlic in their food? Garlic is a natural ingredient found in your kitchen cabinet, and yes it is good for more than just making your food tasty. It has been used to treat so many ailments with its medicinal properties.
But the good part is that it is also an effective remedy for hair growth. It is a hair care ingredient that has the capacity to not only boost hair growth but also stimulate regrowth.
Why is Garlic Oil Good For Hair
Garlic is rich in vitamins and minerals that are the main promoters for hair growth. It doesn’t matter if you use it topically or in your diet, the properties of garlic can help stimulate hair growth. It has a high content of minerals like calcium and zinc. These nutrients promote healthy hair. Garlic is also rich in sulfur, which is important for the foundation of Keratin, a protein that aids hair growth, Alose massaging your scalp with garlic oil is said to strengthen your hair roots
Benefits of Garlic Oil For Hair
- Garlic has antimicrobial properties that help kill germs and bacteria that can cause damage to the scalp and inhibit hair growth.
- Also, Garlic Oil also contains selenium. Selenium helps stimulates blood circulation for maximum nourishment of the scalp and hair.
- Raw garlic is highly enriched with vitamin C. Oxidative stress can cause hair loss. The vitamin C in garlic protects your hair from free radicals and prevents hair thinning and hair loss. Not only that, also increase the productions of collagen, which is important for hair growth.
- Garlic Oil also helps purify the hair follicles, strengthen them, and prevents pore clogging to curb hair loss.
It inhibits the growth of Malassezia and also treats dandruff. Garlic has allicin, a compound with antifungal properties that can help in preventing dandruff.
How to Make Garlic Oil At Home
Now that you know the importance of garlic and also why garlic oil works, Here you will get to know how to prepare garlic oil at home with simple ingredients. You can easily prepare the oil if you follow the steps below:
You will need
4 cloves of garlic
half cup coconut oil
- First, take a tablespoon of garlic and heat it in a pan
- Now place it paste and coconut oil in a small pan and heat on a low flame
- In a few minutes, the garlic paste will start to sizzle, now use a spoon to whirl the garlic around in the oil
- You can continue heating the mixture until the garlic turns light brown, then you can switch off the flame
- Now allow the oil to cool done, strain, and then apply it to the hair.
Few Ways to Use Garlic for Hair Growth
- Garlic and honey for hair growth
Add minced garlic and honey in a bowl and then mix them properly. Now apply this paste on your hair and scalp and leave it for 30 minutes at least. Then rinse it well with water
- Garlic and coconut oil to combat hair loss
You will mix the garlic with light warm coconut oil, then massage the mixture into the scalp and hair and leave it for at most 3 minutes or more before you wash it off.
- Ginger and Garlic for Hair Growth
It has been discovered that ginger can also reduce dandruff. It has been used traditionally to prevent hair loss and also promote hair growth. You will need to crush the garlic and ginger into a fine pulp, then heat the carrier oil in a pan and add the garlic and ginger to pulp to it and heat the oil until it begins to turn brown and then you turn off the heat. apply to the hair after it has cool off then leave for about 15 minutes. After that wash it off with a light good shampoo.