Hair Relaxers: We all have heard this phrase,” You do not know what you have got not until it’s gone.” But for so many of us, we all want what doesn’t come naturally to us. This goes doubly for hairstyles. Those with thin hair long for the looks of thick hair.
However, for those who love the look and feel of straight hair but were graced with unique curls, there is an option at your salon which is Hair Relaxers. It gives you semi-permanent options for straightening naturally curly hair.
Hair Relaxers: What is Relaxed Hair?
Relaxed hair is hair that has been transformed by using chemicals creams or lotions by breaking its natural curl pattern and overall textures to give it a unique and straight appearance.
What are Relaxers?
Hair Relaxer is a lotion or cream that makes the hair easier to straighten and manage. It helps reduces the curl by breaking down the hair strand and chemically altering the texture.
However, it doesn’t matter if your hair is natural or relaxed, all that matters is having healthy hair boils down to how well you are taking care of it.
The Pros of Hair Relaxers
You might be wondering and thinking about getting your naturally curly hair treated with a hair relaxer, but might not be entirely by the idea. So there are some pros to getting your hair relaxed. Below are benefited advantages of hair relaxers;
- It protects the hair from becoming tangled and Knotted. Naturally curly or textured hair can tangle easily. Chemically relaxed hair is sometimes more natural to brush out and more responsive to conditioning treatments.
- It also keeps hair straight during periods of high humidity and wet weather.
- It allows for easier and faster hair styling. Normally you do not have to go through the same extensive styling processes that you usually must go through with curly or frizzy hair.
- It is very easy to do. The process of applying a hair relaxant takes about 15-20 minutes after the pre-work, Now the relaxant is washed out, shampooed, and conditioned. It actually takes less time than dyeing your hair in most cases.
- In addition, it allows naturally curly hair to remain straight for extended periods without needing to get it re-straightened.
Cons of Relaxed Hair
- Hair Breakage: so many people do not allow proper maintenance ingredients in the chemicals used
- Also, over-processing, and relaxing your hair too regularly will lead to overprocessing.
Natural Hair Pros and Cons
- Versatility: Natural hair is versatile whenever it comes to your styling options
- Hair Growth: When properly taken care of, hair grows fast and very healthy but not the case for everyone.
- Natural Hair products are well known to be quite expensive
- Natural hair is time-consuming, depending on your natural hair texture, aiming for your desired style can be time-consuming.
- Discrimination: This one can seem unlikely if you have not been subjected to it yet.
Tips for Maintaining Healthy Relaxed Hair
- Deep condition often to ensure that your hair is always moisturized
- Also, you need to avoid heat styling or hairstyles that involve too much heat to prevent damage to your hair.
- Relax only your roots and not your whole head after previously relaxing to avoid overprocessing it
- You need to seek the services of a professional for all your relaxed hair needs
- Also, make use of protective styles such as cornrows and braids
- Always wrap your hair in a scarf or silk bonnet at night.
- You can trim your ends from time to time to ensure and promote healthy hair growth.
- You can also take sufficient breaks of about 2 to 3 months before relaxing your hair again to avoid damages
Relaxed Hair Hairstyles Ideas
- Curly Pixies Cut on Relaxed Hair
Use a curling iron to style your pixie cut into your desired style.
- Sleeked Ponytail
Sleek your hair down by using gel and use braiding hair to make a braided ponytail or hair extensions for a high and unique ponytail look
- Short Bob on Relaxed Hair
Style your relaxed hair into a bob hairstyle and curl it at the ends to give you an amazing look
- Sleeked Hair with two Buns
Sleek your hair down using gel, now lay your edges, divide your hair into two parts and then add your curly buns.
No comment yet, add your voice below!