A pedicure is a treatment intended to restore or improve a person’s appearance for the feet and toenails. It is also a treatment that involves a nail shaping, foot and calf massage, foot soaking, using an electric file to smoothen the callus, shape the nails and clean the cuticle. (in this article we will be referring to PEDICURE as PC).
PC is gotten from the word “ped”which means foot and “curare” which means to care for. Similarly, manicure comes from “manus” which means hand and “curare” which means to care for. The difference between PC and manicure is that PC means to care for the foot and manicure means to care for the hand.
TYPES Of Pedicure
Below are some types of PC:
Regular pedicure: It is a non difficult and simple treatment. Foot scrubbing with stone or foot file, foot soaking, nail shaping, calf massage, polishing of nails are involved in a regular PC.
French PC: A french pedicure is an exemplary standard within a long-established style of pedicure which involves painting white thin stripes on the tip of the toes followed by a sheer nude or maybe pink color on the base of the nail.
Ice-cream pedicure: It is a PC treatment whereby the ice cream melts instantly when submerged in water and releases nourishing minerals and aromatic oils that will moisturize, enrich, hydrate the skin.
Stone PC: The hot stone PC involves great expenses. It is the most expensive PC whereby, you use hot stones and certified organic products. It has the high ability and treatment to restore the feet. Nourishing oils, refining mask, therapeutic massage and polish is involved in stone pedicure.
REASONS WHY WE ENGAGE IN PEDICURE
- PC helps to moisturize, keep your feet clean and also care for your nails.
- This help you against de-stress.
- PC helps against infections and reduces the risk of getting disease through the nails.
- It helps against dead skin cells.
How To Get Ready For Pedicure
Below are steps to get ready for pedicure:
- Allow your feet to be immersed in water.
- Take off any dead skin.
- Clean up the dead skin at the base of a fingernail or toenail.
- Moisturize and massage your feet.
- Apply paint on your toe nails with polish.
Advantages Of Pedicure
- It improves in health mentally.
- PC helps in reducing back pain.
- Encourages and helps the nail health.
- It prevents infection and diseases.
- PC helps in making your feet look younger.
- It supports and actively encouraged healthy blood circulation.
Pedicure Tools And Their Uses
- Callous Removers: It helps in removing callous from the feet.
- Foot Files: Helps keep the client and feet soft and smooth.
- Lotion: Used to massage the foot and leg and it can also be used to soften the skin.
- Foot Scrubs: It helps in cleansing and renewing the skin on the legs and feet.
- Nail Files: used to shape the toe nails.
- Cuticle Nippers: It is used to make the pedicure clean and comfortable.
- Toe ropes: It helps to keep the toe nails separated so the polish and paint doesn’t stick to each other.
- Cotten Towels: It is required for a neat and clean pedicure.
- Nail Buffer: It smoothens the nail before polishing.
- Cuticle Nail Pusher: It helps against troubling cuticle.