Tips on How to Maintain Soft Hair: The signs of healthy hair include soft, shiny, and thick hair. Having silky hair is something not everyone is born with. Your hair might become dry and brittle if your diet is not healthy enough or if you are using the wrong hair products for your hair type.
However, when your hair fails to maintain the moisture from the natural oils secreted by the scalp, they become very dry and rough. Here are tips on how to maintain soft and silky hair.
Tips on How to Maintain a Soft Hair
- Choose hair care products as per your hair type: Focus on your hair type while purchasing shampoos and conditioners from the supermarket. The formulations of the hair care product have been decided according to their hair types which are damaged, dry and oily.
- Also, Do not shampoo your hair regularly: Shampooing your hair frequently strips away oil from your air, Rather consider shampooing twice or three times a week. But if your hair is the oily type. Then you can try dry shampoos which is you only shampoo the scalp, not the tips.
- Always apply a conditioner: Never forget to apply a conditioner for at most 2-6 minutes and wash it off after shampooing your hair. Use conditioner only on the tips of the hair and not on the scalp of the entire length. The conditioner really helps lock in the moisture. And reduces the static electricity between the hair strands and can provide some protection from the sun.
- Oil your hair Daily: If you have dry hair, do not wash your hair without oiling your hair for at least 1hours before shampooing. You can use any healthy oil such as coconut oil, argan oil olive oil, anyone of your choice. Massaging the scalp with oils is good for dry scalp.
- Use Hair Masks: Making use of hair masks once a week helps maintain the oils in your hair. All you need to do is apply any of the homemade hair masks and leave for about an hour and then wash it off with shampoo and apply the hair conditioner. You can apply any of the homemade hair masks below:
- Combination of egg yolk and avocados
- Aloe vera gel
- Bananas and avocados
Other Tips you can Consider
- Try Hot Oil Treatments: Warm any of the oils like argan oil, olive, or even coconut oil depending on the one you have. Gently apply and massage into your hair for just a few minutes. Then tie the hair or cover the hair with a shower cap or towel. Leave your in a position for about 15 minutes. And wash it off with shampoo and you can condition your hair.
- Limit the use of heating tools: Styling tools such as hot air hairdryers, hair straighteners make your hair lose its natural oils. It can cause hair damage if used daily. You can use heat-protectant before using the heating tools on your hair.
- Avoid certain hairstyles: Some certain hairstyles that pull your hair so tightly such as ponytails. And the use of tight hairbands on your forehead can damage your hair.
- Aways try and protects your hair from Sun: You can cover your hair with a scarf if you have to step out.
- Do not wash your hair with hot water: Hot water on the hair dries your hair out. You can wash with lukewarm water or alos cold water.