Side Effects of Rice Water On Hair: Frequent use of rice water has many benefits for hair, it helps to get rid of dandruff, stimulate their growth, and also strengthen the strands to help improve their appearance. it also has its Side Effects.
However, the fact that rice water has antioxidant properties, helps to remove toxins that could accumulate in the scalp, which prevents premature alopecia and gray hair. The starch from the rice is released into the water, where it creates milk made from rice water.
Why Does Rice Water Work For Hair
Today, the internet is so full of anecdotal evidence for the effectiveness of rice water, but there is science behind it all as well. Rice itself is full of essential vitamins and minerals, which are then transferred to the water when the rice is cooked.
Two benefits of rice water are that it increases the elasticity of the hair and also reduces surface friction. Hair elasticity refers to how much a strand of hair can stretch before it later breaks. The less breakage of hair, the greater hair elasticity you will have.
Steps on How to Make (Side)Rice Water For Hair
There are three popular and effective ways you can make rice water for hair at home, you can decide to choose the best way of making it. Below is the step you need to follow:
Soaked Rice Water for Hair
- First, take 1 cup of uncooked rice
- Now rinse it properly
- Now add 2-3 glasses of water
- And then leave it for 30 minutes
- After doing that, strain the rice water into a clean bowl
This method only appeals to those who are always busy and do not have so much time.
Boiled Rice Water for hair: This is also another, the method you can use.
- First, take half a cup of rice
- Then add 1 glass of water
- Now cook the rice in boiling water
- After doing that, strain the rice water into a clean bowl before use
Fermented Rice Water for Hair
- Take 2 cups of rice and then add 2 times more water to it
- Now leave the rice to soak for about 20-30 minutes
- Then pour out the water into a glass bottle, seal it and now leave it in a dark place in a room temperature for 2 days
- When a sour smell begins, stop fermentation and then put it in a fridge to preserve all the beneficial properties gotten during fermentation
Side Effects of Rice Water on Hair
- Protein overload on the cuticle
Regular use of rice water can damage the hair which will result in protein overload. Protein molecules on rice water are too big to penetrate hair strands, rather they end up coating the surface of your hair. Rice water is a liquid protein treatment.
There are two major categories of people who should avoid overusing rice water.
People with low porosity hair: The tiny spaces in between the hair’s cuticle of low porosity hair make it more prone to protein build-up
People with a dry scalp: Basing on the knowledge that rice has a drying effect, people with a very dry scalp should also avoid regular water rise on hair.
- Leaves a bad smell on Hair
Fermented rice water has an unpleasant smell which is really bad. Rice water that has been fermented for 24 hours doesn’t smell like that which been fermented for 48 hours.
- Rice Water May Contain Arsenic
This is a toxic element that is naturally found in the environment. It only appears in two forms organic and inordinacy arsenic. The inorganic is way more toxic and can also be found in rocks, dissolved, and in soil.
- Could Make Dry Scalp Worse than Before
It is very true that so many people that use rice water to treat their scalps help a lot, but some people mistakenly think they should apply it regularly when it becomes extremely bad. Some go as far as not even rinsing it at all. Leaving that in contact with all of the starch and sugars can make things worse. Try to limit yourself to a maximum of two applications per week to see how your hair and scalp respond.
- Rice Water helps hair Growth: This is one of the benefits of using rice water. It contains eight of these amino acids, so whenever rice eater is usually used on hair you will experience more hair generation.
- Strengthen Hair Strands
Apart from helping the hair growth, amino acids in rice water strengthen the hair roots as well. The B vitamins rice water provides also contribute to making your hair better and stronger.
- Relieves Scalp Inflammation
It has anti-inflammatory properties which are very effective in soothing inflamed scalp. Fermented rice water also helps to fight fungi which causes dandruff. Helps to get rid of dandruff that may be present on the scalp.
- Repairs Damaged Hair
This is another benefit of rice water on the hair. Less friction between hair strands would mean less damage to fragile hair strands when managing Inositol has a very unique ability to remain on the hair even after rinsing, which is very important for the protection of the hair even from future damage.
- Improves the Hair’s appearance
Inositol increases the hair’s elasticity by making hair more flexible with its curl pattern more defined.