Purple Shampoo. Here in this article, we will be telling you all you need to know about Purple Shampoo and also how you can make use of it.
I know so many people who have heard of purple shampoo but have never seen it or know how it works.
If you are reading this article, I can assure you that once you are done, you will then understand what exactly it is and how it works too.
And also how you can make use of the shampoo.
Before then, what exactly is purple shampoo and what does it do?
Purple Shampoo is a purple-colored shampoo containing purple pigments. And these purple pigments do some wonders as they help in neutralizing brassy and yellow tones on lighter hair.
Kandasamy once said something about the product. He said:
“The main reason it is purple is that on the color wheel, it is the direct opposite color of yellow, which means purple and yellow will cancel one another out,” he explains.
He further continued:
“So when using purple pigment on color-treated brassy or yellow tones, it color-corrects your hair’s hue, restoring it to its former natural or neutral brightness with color tones.”
In all, it can also be used to boost gray or brunette hair having golden highlights.
What Does it Do?
The purple shampoo is known for toning the hair and it was specially made for blonde hair. The shampoo features crushed violet pigments which neutralize style-ruining brassy and yellow tones.
When you get your hair colored professionally at the salon, professional and certified hairstylists often tone the hair. The aim is to neutralize brassy yellow and orange tones on bleached hair.
Things to Know Before Opting for It
Below are some of the things you should take note of before using a colored shampoo:
- Get a purple shampoo with a thick color and consistency.
Tips: An original shampoo is opaque and not transparent in color. If possible check the thickness of the shampoo before purchasing it
- If you have silver, grey, or platinum hair, then you should opt for a darker one.
- If you have blonde hair, go for a brighter purple shampoo.
- Finally! Please avoid using this if you have dark hair!!! It is mostly for blonde hair.
So if you have black hair, then go for another shampoo treatment.
How to Use Purple Shampoo
As I said, the product is mainly for those with blonde hair.
So here is how to make use of the product:
- The very first thing to do is to wet your hair completely with slightly warm water as it helps in absorbing the shampoo easily.
- The next step is to rub the shampoo into your hair. Apply from root to tip and massage the shampoo thoroughly and gently through your hair till it lathers.
- Once you are done working up the shampoo into your hair, allow the product to sit in your hair for about 2 – 3 minutes if your hair is naturally blonde.
- After then rinse your hair with some cool water.
- However, if you have brassy or color-treated hair, you should allow the shampoo to sit in your hair for 5 to 15 minutes for dyed or bleached hair. Then rinse off.
- For gray, platinum, or silver hair, you should allow the shampoo to sit in your hair for 30 minutes before rinsing.
- After you must have followed the above procedures and must have rinsed your hair when due, add some conditioner to your hair to moisturize your hair.
- If you want you can pair up your shampoo with a purple conditioner to strengthen hair tone’s intensity.
However, take note that using a purple conditioner with a purple shampoo can give your hair that ashy tone. You can only use both if you want a pale hair color.
Purple Shampoo Reviews – Top Best Purple Shampoo to Use
Below are some of the best purple shampoos to use:
Beachwaver Co. BRB Blonde Purple Shampoo
This shampoo works to minimize brassy tones. And it is enriched with shea butter and coconut oil to add moisture back into your thirsty, bleached hair.
John Frieda Sheer Blonde Color Renew
This is also one of the best purple shampoos and it is an ideal product for blonde hair.
Keratin Complex Blondeshell Debrass Shampoo
This purple shampoo also works wonders and it is a great ideal product for blonde hair too. If you are looking at maintaining it.
Paul Mitchell Platinum Blonde Shampoo
This shampoo is so much loved as it does wonders for the hair. And it also contains some essential conditioning ingredients for the hair, like jojoba oil. And this makes dry hair feel super soft.
Kristin Ess The One
This is another great option for blonde hair as it helps boost the hair.
Joico Color Balance
If you have frizzy hair, then you should go for this.
This purple shampoo neutralizes yellow tones so it won’t leave any traces of purple in the hair.
In all, it is a great idea product for blonde hair.
With all that has been said, the Product is designed for those with blonde hair to make it lighter.
If you have dark hair, you can try our other good shampoos around.
Also, take note that this product is not to be used every day as it may make the hair slightly purple especially those with light hair, it might damage your hair.