Dandruff Treatment and Anti-Dandruff Hair Cream: Dandruff treatments are ways you can actually get rid of or even control itching and flaking on your scalp. So the first two to try are brushing your hair and using a dandruff shampoo.
You will have to brush your hair from your scalp. The first two to try are brushing your hair and then using a dandruff shampoo. Brush your hair from your scalp down with steady, firm strokes. This takes the oil away from your scalp, where the buildup of it and skin cells can cause dandruff. Moving it along the hair strands helps keep your hair shiny and also healthy.
Dandruff Treatment and Anti-Dandruff Hair Cream
What is Dandruff? Dandruff is a scalp condition that causes flakes of skin to appear. Although it isn’t contagious or very serious. It can be embarrassing and quite difficult to treat.
However, mild dandruff can be treated with a gentle daily shampoo. but if it doesn’t work, a medicated shampoo might be of help.
Dandruff Treatment and Anti-Dandruff Hair Cream: Signs and symptoms
Scaly, crusty scalp in infants with cradle cap
Skin flakes on your scalp, hair eyebrows, beard or mustache, and shoulders
It isn’t all dandruff shampoos are alike. Some have different active ingredients such as
- Coal tar preparations( Denorex Therapeutic Protection, Neutrogena T/Gel, Scytera)
Salicylic acid and sulfur(sebex, Sebulex)
- Pyrithione zinc(Selsun Blue for Itchy Dry Scalp, Neutrogena T/Gel Control Dandruff Shampoo, Head 7 Shoulders)
- Ketoconazole(Extina, Nizoral A-D, Xolegel)
- Selenium sulfide9Dandrex, Head & Shoulders Clinical Strength, Selsum)
- Salicyclic acid and( Neutrogena T/Sal)
How to use Dandruff Shampoos
- Rub the shampoo into your scalp very well
- Now leave the shampoo on your head for 5 minutes or as directed
- Then rinse properly. Any leftover shampoo might irritate your skin
Home Treatments for Dandruff
Apart from dandruff shampoos, there are a few other things that might help control it. For instance, managing your stress can actually help with flaking, or even you might try some of these natural treatments. Which are either moisturizing or might be helpful against bacteria or fungi:
- Coconut oil: Begin by rubbing 3 to 5 teaspoons of this into your scalp, then wait for at least an hour and shampoo your hair.
- Aloe Vera: Rub a bit into your scalp before you shampoo your hair
- Apple Cider Vinegar: Mix a quarter cup of apple cider vinegar with a quarter cup of water, then pour it over your scalp and leave it in for at least 15 minutes, and rinse your scalp well.
- Aspirin: Break two aspirin and mix them with your shampoo, then shampoo your hair. You will have to leave it for about 2 minutes then rinse it out.
- Breaking Soda: First, wet your hair, and then apply baking soda to your scalp. Allow it to sit for a few minutes then you can rinse it out.
- Lemon Juice: Rub 3 teaspoons of lemon juice into your scalp. Now allow it to sit for a few minutes and then rinse. Follow that by mixing another teaspoon of lemon juice mixed with 1 cup of water and then pour it over your scalp.
- Olive oil: You will need to rub several drops of olive oil into your scalp and cover your hair with a net or shower cap, then sleep on it till daybreak, shampoo your hair
Some Best Anti-Dandruff Creams
It might be your scalp or even the lack of time to wash your hair, dandruff can be caused by so many reasons. Moreover, thee are times when, Inspite using all the care and precautions, like using the right anti-dandruff shampoo and hair oil, dandruff can not be taken care of, which is what has actually led to the production of anti-dandruff creams
So these creams are made to penetrate through the scalp, touch the root cause behind the itchy scalp, then give some nourishment to help with scalp dryness, Below are some of the best anti-dandruff creams you may want to take a look at:
Himalaya Herbals Anti-Dandruff Hair Cream
This is a popular product that is symbolic of the brand’s premium quality. This particular anti-dandruff works just like magic on a flaky scalp, which tops the list of best anti-dandruff hair creams
Parachute Gold Coconut and lemon Anti Dandruff Hair Cream
This Parachute anti-dandruff hair cream provides a solution to not just an itchy scalp and dryness but also prevents hair breakage. It penetrates through different types of hair and works from within to get rid of dandruff. The lemon content in the cream cleans the scalp and is also a very well-known home ready for dandruff treatment.
Mermaid Hair Cream for Anti Dandruff With Vitamin E
The presence of Vitamin E in this mermaid cream will make you look shiny and also very healthy, it will not only get rid of your dandruff woes but also increase your hair growth, which is what makes it quite one of the best anti-dandruff hair creams.
Trichup Anti Dandruff Cream
This cream has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. While the neem extract cleans the scalp, the oil in the cream gives it the nutrition it requires which promotes and increases hair growth.